CivicMic has received many responses to the Hesperia Golf Course survey designed to identify facility improvements desired by the community and a preferred date/time for a virtual informational meeting. The Hesperia Golf & Country Club, owned by the City, has been under new management since September 2019. Please click here to take a picture tour of the many improvements made to the facilities since September 2019. However, many more improvements are needed.
- Repair the aesthetic lakes on the course
- Overhaul and modernize the irrigation system
- Renovate the clubhouse, including replacement of the roof
- Repair the parking lot
- Replace air conditioning units
- Replace beverage coolers
- The fertilizing, top-dress and aerifying of the greens
- Repairing mowers and turf equipment
- Improving food and beverage options
- Developing and rehabilitation of the driving range
- Increasing marketing efforts
The City is exploring the formation of a Community Facilities District ("CFD") to provide a funding mechanism for citizens that receive the direct benefit of living near the golf course to cover a portion of the golf course operations and much needed enhancements. Operation and maintenance of the golf course in future years could result in the depletion of General Fund reserves without the additional funding provided by the proposed CFD.
The formation of the CFD would result in a special tax being added to the annual property tax bill of properties near the golf course. This special tax is a dedicated and restricted source of funding that can only be used for improvements, maintenance and services related to the Hesperia Golf & Country Club and no other purposes.
Important: Formation of a Community Facilities District must be approved by the affected voters. The City can't form a Community Facilities District without voter approval.
Hesperia Golf Course Survey Results
Respondents to the survey have indicated the following top benefits of living near the Hesperia Golf & Country Club (in no particular order).
- Quiet community
- Open spaces and green "park-like" setting
- Being able to play golf close to home
- Beautiful views
- No backyard neighbors
- Adds value to home
- Pride of the City as a former PGA tour golf course
- Sense of community
- Wildlife - Sounds of nature
Respondents have indicated the following desired improvements to the golf course and facilities (in not particular order).
- Keep course green, clean and manicured
- Finish reclaimed water pond and restore other ponds
- Weed and debris abatement
- Improve driving range
- Better bunkers and fairways
- Improve cart paths
- Add amenities to Country Club (swimming pool, fitness facilities, event rooms, expand restaurant)
- Address safety concerns about hotel/motel next door
- Improve parking lot, bathrooms, and buildings
- Host classes, weddings and other events
- Add walking/jogging path
Two-thirds of respondents have used the facilities in some manner. Most respondents support the idea of improving the Hesperia Golf & Country Club and would like to participate in a video virtual meeting to learn more about this project. (Updated 5/5/2020) - The survey is now closed. CivicMic will release a date and time with instructions for the virtual community meeting.
In the meantime, please use the "Share this:" buttons below to share this post with your neighbors, leave a comment below, and read other posts with valuable information. Your participation and that of your neighbors is very important.
Want to receive updates?
Subscribe to receive updates via email and get a free copy of the NBS Primer on Special Financing Districts!
Looking for more information?
Click the button to visit the main page!