In this post, CivicMic shares the next steps for Hesperia Golf & Country Club improvements, including a working timeline, and the comments, ideas, and questions received via chat at the May 7th community meeting. We have received many compliments from Hesperia residents about our May 7th meeting to discuss improvements and ongoing maintenance of the Hesperia Golf & Country Club along with the proposed formation of a Community Facilities District ("CFD"). Please click here if you missed the meeting. Many residents are looking forward to additional meetings and further discussion to collectively develop effective and fair solutions with the City. So, what happens next? What are we working on? When is the next meeting?
Important: Formation of a Community Facilities District must be approved by the affected voters. The City can't form a Community Facilities District without voter approval.
Next Steps for Hesperia Golf & Country Club Improvements
CivicMic staff has collected many comments, ideas, and questions through email, phone calls, social media, and at the meeting (chat and live participation) from Hesperia residents participating in this process. No final decisions are being made at this time. CivicMic staff is facilitating this process to work with the City on developing the best proposal that allows the community to vote and make a fair and informed decision on the future of the Hesperia Golf & Country Club. As shown on the timeline below, the City is not planning to mail ballots to registered voters within the boundaries of the proposed CFD until January 2021. The boundaries for the CFD are also not yet final. In other words, we are still in the design phase of this project. Next steps for the team (CivicMic, City of Hesperia, and NBS) with estimated completion dates are shown below:
- (May) Review and consider implementing ideas received from the community such as expanding the boundaries of the proposed CFD, utilize a Citywide solution, and many others.
- (June) Update the plan by implementing as many of the ideas as possible. Prepare to present the second version of the plan to the community.
- (June) Host a second community meeting to go over the second version of the plan and receive additional comments, ideas, and questions.
- (July) Host a second survey to facilitate additional comments on the second version of the plan.
- (August) Review and consider implementing additional ideas received from the community on the second version of the plan.
- (September) Update the second version of the plan by implementing as many of the ideas as possible. Prepare to present the final version of the plan to the community.
- (September) Host a third community meeting to go over the final version of the plan and receive additional comments.
- (October) Host a third survey to facilitate additional comments on the final version of the plan.
- (December) City considers and determines next steps to implement the final version of the plan which may include the CFD formation process as shown below.
Note: Dates shown are estimates and subject to change. This is an active project and a work in progress. Please subscribe to receive updates from CivicMic or join the Facebook Group to stay informed and get the latest timeline for this project.
Comments, Ideas, and Questions Received at the May 7th Community Meeting via Chat
Want to receive updates?
Subscribe to receive updates via email and get a free copy of the NBS Primer on Special Financing Districts!
Please use the "Share this:" buttons below to share this post with your neighbors. Your participation and that of your neighbors is very important.
We got it! Join the Group and don't miss out on the latest news!