Updated August 15, 2019
Looking for the Pacific Cove Meeting Notes?
On August 12, 2019, CivicMic met with residents of the Pacific Cove community in Oxnard to learn about concerns with the Landscape Maintenance District No. 41, maintenance of the perimeter improvements, and the need for additional efforts to improve the community.
Pacific Cove Meeting Notes:
A big thanks to Jo Anne for hosting and to the residents that participated. Below is a summary of the concerns and needs discussed at the meeting:
- Parking - Some residents park vehicles blocking the sidewalks and wheelchair access ramps
- Corner parking - Some residents park vehicles too close to the corner forcing drivers to drive around into a possible dangerous situation
- Speeding - Need for stop signs and/or speed bumps
- Trash - Need for more frequent clean up of the public improvement areas
- Homeless in the community
- Outdated street lights
- Tree roots and trimming
- Current B level of service - Residents do not believe they are receiving a B level of service
- Need for an advisory committee of residents to work with the City and help manage how funds are spent
- Review and access to data - Water usage data, sprinkler schedule, allocation of electricity costs, landscaping schedule, City's log of landscape's contractor performance and inspections
- Need for contact information of City staff managing the work
- CivicMic will work with the City and residents of Pacific Cove to review water usage, electricity cost allocation, landscaping schedules, level of maintenance provided, and logs of landscape contractor performance and inspections. (Data has been requested by CivicMic, 8/15/2019)
- City to determine possible solutions and estimated costs to address resident's concerns.
- Residents to evaluate possible solutions and costs for prioritization.
- CiviMic to meet with Pacific Cove residents to present findings of data review, agree on prioritization of proposed solutions, and layout procedures for implementation.
Not happy with the landscaping around Pacific Cove?Learn how the City can fix it!Sign up below to receive the information!
Please visit CivicMic often as additional information about how to improve the landscaping and public improvements for Pacific Cove will be posted throughout the year. In the meantime, please use the “Share this:” buttons below to share this post with your neighbors and read other posts with valuable information.
Want to receive updates?
Subscribe to receive updates via email and get a free copy of the NBS Primer on Special Financing Districts!
Looking for more information?
Please visit our main page for the City of Oxnard!