In this post, CivicMic provides a City of San Leandro levee update on the ongoing process for the proposed formation of an assessment district and construction of a levee near the intersection of Neptune Drive and Marina Boulevard. The project is known as the Neptune Drive Shoreline Flood Protection project.
Important: Formation of the proposed assessment district must be approved by the affected property owners. The City can’t form an assessment district without property owner participation.
Looking for more information? Click here to read the presentation slides and our notes from the informational meeting held on July 29, 2019.
City of San Leandro Levee Update
- The project remains in the planning and design phase.
- The construction timeline is tied to permits and the FEMA process.
- It is estimated that the project will be bid and awarded sometime in late 2020.
- Construction of the second levee along the Washington-Estudillo Canal being constructed by the County is expected to occur in 2021.
- Completion of the draft engineer's report for the proposed assessment district is scheduled for early November.
- The next community meeting to review the draft assessment engineer's report and proposed charge on each parcel is anticipated to occur in mid-November.
- CivicMic will notify residents that have signed up to receive updates via email, will post on this website and will mail post cards announcing the location, date, and time of the community meeting as soon as the information becomes available.
Would you like to receive updates?
Use your phone to sign up and receive updates!
Your participation and that of your neighbors in the process is very important! Please use the “Share this:” buttons at the bottom to share this post with your neighbors.
Looking for more information?
Visit our main page for the City of San Leandro.